It was a great night for your Bud Light team against the par! Captain Mike Franey paced the team with an even par 34 which translated into a 13 to 5 victory. 2009 Bud Light Golfer of the Year Steve Sinnard shot even par and won his match 11 to 7. Week 12 MVP Bud Three Steve "Hans" Auen and 2008 Bud Light Golfer of the Year Mike Schulz each shot 38 and scored 10 to 8 victories. Overall it was the largest margin of victory against par this year. Your Bud Light team jumped up three spots to 4th. The large margin of victory was diluted a touch with the 45 to 27 win of Sharp Funeral Home over the La-z-boys. The chairs fall to 7th. The caskets lead is now 23 with just 5 weeks remaining. Your Bud Light team is only 9 points out of second and will take dead aim to repeat as Men's League Champions.
- Carroll Cycle Center jumps Pizza Ranch with a 40 to 32 win over Templeton Rye. Captain Terry Ruchti the MVP with a 14 to 4 victory over Paul Tigges. The pizzas dropped all the way to 5th with their loss to Hawkeye Commodity Brokers who are in 3rd just 3 out of 2nd. Wade Wilkie and Loren Boyce the MVP's for the brokers.
- Stiff Sticks continue their stellar play with a 45 to 27 beating of Elin's 9-irons. Dr. Neal Cross the big winner with a 17 to 1 victory.
- Kyle Atkinson was low gross, Chad Murrell was low net and YOUR Bud Light team was low net team. Wade Wilkie won closest to the pin and longest putt.
In the other division......................
- Macke Motors maintain the 1st spot with a 45 to 27 victory over Badding Construction. Car Wash Todd Pettitt the MVP with a 13 to 5 victory over Badding head man Nick Badding.
- Subway remains must 8 back of the motors with a 41 to 31 win over Chico Kanne's oil jobbers. Ralph Guerra was the MVP for the soggy subs. Papa Joe Pick was suffering from tournament hangover and lost a not so close one to Todd Kanne 12 to 6.
- Kasperbauer Cleaners upset 3rd place Windstars. The buses were heard missing all night long.
- A big rebound by Carroll Glass after their devastating loss to Utilicom in week 12. Benton Sndyer was the MVP and good play from Brad Stork, Jefferson Iowa's Tristan Brown and the head glass man Andy Reiman. The glasses were low net team and Benton Snyder scored longest putt.
That is all I got for this week. This publisher would like to welcome new subscriber Kevin Willey who was a membership referral from Papa Joe Pick. Pick receives an one year paid subscription for his efforts. Carroll Country Club Head Golf Professional and General Manager Nick Schon was seen playing golf on Tuesday in loafers. Reports state that he left is shoes in Reno. Schon needed a chair adjustment from Dr. Neal Cross to treat upper back and neck pain due to his actions in the State of Nevada.
As always this Bud's for you and ON IOWA! Only 45 days until Hawkeye football returns to legendary Kinnick Stadium.
Fairways and greens to all!
2008 and 2009 Championship Captain