Wednesday, July 28, 2010
Your Bud Light team sits in 3rd place after Sharp Funeral Home flattened the tires of the Carroll Cycle Center 44 to 28 moving the cycles from 2nd to 5th. Eric Sievers and Anti Virus Adam Schweers were the MVP's for the caskets who have a 13 point lead. Captain TR is going to have to rally the team.
The caskets are leading Hawkeye Commodity Brokers who had a career night against par scoring 48 points. All winners for the brokers. Wade Wilkie the MVP scoring 13 points. Digger Dave Nelson and Head broker Sean O'Leary scored 12 and Monument Man Loren Boyce scored 11. The Brokers were awarded low net team for their unprecedented efforts.
Carroll County State Bank got a big win over Frank Comito and the Stiff Sticks 42 to 30. Mike Mosher the MVP with a 13 to 5 win over Frank Comito. The bank tellers moved up into 4th place.
Pizza Ranch and Volquartsen Customs battled to a 36 to 36 draw. Keith Pottebaum continues to pace the team with a 13 to 5 win over Tony Badding.
The La-z-boys beat up on Elin's 9-irons 42 to 30 on the wings of Randy Hockom's low net and gross performance.
Byron's Boyz pounded Templeton Savings Bank 44 to 28. Ralph Guerra the MVP with a 13 to 5 win over John Horbach.
Over in the Phil Mickelson division league leading Macke Motors recruited Colorado State's Kirby Pettitt only to see Pettitt fall to Wyatt Haukap 11 to 7. Car Wash Todd Pettitt paced the team with a 12 to 6 win over Todd Kanne. Dick Muhlbauer beat Captain Randy Bierl and Head oil jobber Chico Kanne beat Flying Bob Raue. Raue has been out of the line up for weeks and may go back into retirement after last nights performance. The Motors fell to the oil guys 40 to 32. With the loss their lead is only 4 over Papa Joe and the Soggy Subs.
The Subs tied Kasperbauer Cleaners in the absent of their leader Papa Joe who was speaking at the Okoboji women's red hat chapter meeting about the benefits of no till beans. Steve "Cuda" Quandt was the only bright spot for the subs with a 14 to 4 win.
Windstar remained in 3rd place with a 42 to 30 win over Utilcomm. Pete Collison was the MVP as he subbed for the buses. The buses are 4 out of 2nd and just 8 out of 1st.
Badding Construction nailed Carroll Glass 45 to 27. Subway Mike Gute was the MVP with a 13 to 5 over Tristan Brown. Gute and Glenn Badding were both low gross with 34.
Miller Lite lost to Commercial Savings Bank 39 to 33. Head Bar Keeper Jason Scranton and Chemical boy Dirk Glynn were the MVP's. Tom Farner returned to action last night for the less filing beers after a 30 day suspension. After a poor performance team captain John Greteman announced that Farner is back on suspension until further notice.
Larry's Automotive beat Linde Equipment 43 to 29. Bill Schwabe the MVP. A good performance by Dr. P.J. Greteman.
That is a wrap for week 14 and next week starts the crossover matches. Only four weeks remain and both division are too close to call.
Happy Birthday Tom "Slider" Snyder!
As always This Bud's For You and On Iowa! 39 days until Hawkeye Football!
Have a great week
Tuesday, July 27, 2010
Week 14-Crossover Matches.......Mertz 4th in City Championship...Keeley Sinnard tops Mike Schulz in Match Play!
Joining the 4th place finisher will be East Lake Okoboji's finest boat driver Bud Two Troy Auen, your Captain Mike Franey and 2009 Bud Light Golfer of the Year Steve Sinnard. Sinnard finished 14th in the City Championship and Franey was the big 2nd Flight winner. 2008 Bud Light Golfer of the Year Mike Schulz will be subbing for Papa Joe Pick and the Soggy Subs.
Other Zach Johnson action...............
- League leading Sharp Funeral Home takes on Carroll Glass. An one drink bounty will be paid by this report to the glass men for a victory over the caskets tonight.
- Carroll Cycle Center plays par.
- Hawkeye Commodity Brokers play Kasperbauer Cleaners which could prove to be a pivotal match.
- Pizza Ranch play the buses of Windstar.
In other division.......
- League leading Macke Motors are struggling to field a team and take on Templeton Savings Bank.
- Subway plays the La-z-boys
- Miller Lite looks for a big night against Elin's 9-irons.
Congratulations to Keeley Sinnard who beat Mike Schulz in the Carroll Country Club Match Play last night on the second extra hole. Congrats to Keeley.
That is a wrap on this hot Iowa Summer day!
As always this Bud's for you and On Iowa!
2008 and 2009 Championship Captain
Thursday, July 22, 2010
It was a great night for your Bud Light team against the par! Captain Mike Franey paced the team with an even par 34 which translated into a 13 to 5 victory. 2009 Bud Light Golfer of the Year Steve Sinnard shot even par and won his match 11 to 7. Week 12 MVP Bud Three Steve "Hans" Auen and 2008 Bud Light Golfer of the Year Mike Schulz each shot 38 and scored 10 to 8 victories. Overall it was the largest margin of victory against par this year. Your Bud Light team jumped up three spots to 4th. The large margin of victory was diluted a touch with the 45 to 27 win of Sharp Funeral Home over the La-z-boys. The chairs fall to 7th. The caskets lead is now 23 with just 5 weeks remaining. Your Bud Light team is only 9 points out of second and will take dead aim to repeat as Men's League Champions.
- Carroll Cycle Center jumps Pizza Ranch with a 40 to 32 win over Templeton Rye. Captain Terry Ruchti the MVP with a 14 to 4 victory over Paul Tigges. The pizzas dropped all the way to 5th with their loss to Hawkeye Commodity Brokers who are in 3rd just 3 out of 2nd. Wade Wilkie and Loren Boyce the MVP's for the brokers.
- Stiff Sticks continue their stellar play with a 45 to 27 beating of Elin's 9-irons. Dr. Neal Cross the big winner with a 17 to 1 victory.
- Kyle Atkinson was low gross, Chad Murrell was low net and YOUR Bud Light team was low net team. Wade Wilkie won closest to the pin and longest putt.
In the other division......................
- Macke Motors maintain the 1st spot with a 45 to 27 victory over Badding Construction. Car Wash Todd Pettitt the MVP with a 13 to 5 victory over Badding head man Nick Badding.
- Subway remains must 8 back of the motors with a 41 to 31 win over Chico Kanne's oil jobbers. Ralph Guerra was the MVP for the soggy subs. Papa Joe Pick was suffering from tournament hangover and lost a not so close one to Todd Kanne 12 to 6.
- Kasperbauer Cleaners upset 3rd place Windstars. The buses were heard missing all night long.
- A big rebound by Carroll Glass after their devastating loss to Utilicom in week 12. Benton Sndyer was the MVP and good play from Brad Stork, Jefferson Iowa's Tristan Brown and the head glass man Andy Reiman. The glasses were low net team and Benton Snyder scored longest putt.
That is all I got for this week. This publisher would like to welcome new subscriber Kevin Willey who was a membership referral from Papa Joe Pick. Pick receives an one year paid subscription for his efforts. Carroll Country Club Head Golf Professional and General Manager Nick Schon was seen playing golf on Tuesday in loafers. Reports state that he left is shoes in Reno. Schon needed a chair adjustment from Dr. Neal Cross to treat upper back and neck pain due to his actions in the State of Nevada.
As always this Bud's for you and ON IOWA! Only 45 days until Hawkeye football returns to legendary Kinnick Stadium.
Fairways and greens to all!
2008 and 2009 Championship Captain
Tuesday, July 20, 2010
Bud Light plays Par.......Mertz and Bud Two to play for Macke Motors and Carroll City Golf Championship this weekend!
This weekend is the 2010 Carroll City Golf Championship. The first day is contested at the Carroll Country Club followed by the championship day at the Carroll Municipal Golf Course. Get your foursomes together, call the Carroll Country Club and sign up today! Remember this is Carroll and It's All Here!
Week 13 starts with your Bud Light team only 22 points behind league leading Sharp Funeral Home. Tonight Bud Light will play the par. Making the call to the 18th tee will be Week 12 MVP Bud Three Steve "Hans" Auen, 2008 Bud Light Golfer of the Year Mike Schulz, 2009 Bud Light Golfer of the Year Steve Sinnard and your Captain Mike Franey. Long time subscriber, top local amateur, highly successful and more veteran golfer Craig Mertz and Bud Two Troy Auen will be subbing for the Phil Mickelson division leaders Macke Motors as Flying Bob Raue and Captain Randy Bierl are out of town.
The 2010 Bud Light Golfer of the Year race is very tight! After 12 weeks long time subscriber, top local amateur, highly successful and more veteran golfer Craig Mertz leads way averaging 9.89 points per round. 2009 Bud Light Golfer of the Year Steve Sinnard is in a close second with a 9.67 average followed by Bud Three Steve Auen, 2008 Bud Light Golfer of the Year Mike Schulz and Captain Mike Franey who are all tied for third with a 9.57 average. Bud Light head boat driver Bud Two Troy Auen has a 7.75 average.
Other action in the Zach Johnson division is as follows.......
- Sharp Funeral Home has a tough match tonight play the La-z-boys who are currently in third place just 12 points out of the lead.
- Second place Pizza Ranch takes on Digger Dave and the Hawkeye Commodity Brokers. The Brokers are in 5th place still in the mix.
- Carroll Cycle Center takes on the spirits of Templeton Rye. The Cycles are tied for 2nd with the pizzas.
- The new bank, Carroll County State Bank, plays Byron's Boyz.
- Templeton Savings Bank look to avoid another bank robbery for the second straight week against the guns of Volquartsen Custom. What better way to rob a bank than with a gun.
- In a battle of the attorney teams Eric Neu's Elins 9-irons play Frank Comito's Stiff Sticks. Inside reports have mentioned that Comito is in negoiations with 2010 Papa Joe Okoboji Classic Champion Jeff Minnich to join the team. According to Minnich's interim sports agent, Carroll Community Schools Superintendt Rob Cordes, the champion has retired for the year.
In the other division...........
- League leading Macke Motors take on the hammer swingers of Badding Construction. The Motors will be assisted tonight by long time subscriber, top local amateur, highly successful and more veteran golfer Craig Mertz and Bud Two Troy Auen. The Motors have a date with YOUR Bud Light team next week.
- Papa Joe's second place Subway play the oil jobbers of Community Oil. Reports have indicated that the oil cap will hold.
- Coming off their huge week 12 upset of Macke Motors third place Windstar takes on Kasperbauer Cleaners.
- Andy Reiman's Carroll Glass team play a hot Miller Lite team.
- Ryan Milligan's CSBeez take on Linde Euipment. This publisher wonders if Jewels Eckerman will play two weeks in a row
- Larry's Automotive play Chad Kanne's Utilcomm
That is a wrap of the week 13 preview post. If the weather turns out like last night it will be a great night for your Bud Light team to go to the top.
As always this this Bud's for you and ON IOWA! Only 47 days until kickoff!
Fairways and greens to all,
Men's League Championship Captain
Sunday, July 18, 2010
Bud Light beats #1.......Minnich wins 2010 Papa Joe Okoboji Classic....Steve "Hans" Auen week 13 MVP!
Day one saw a golfing giant appear when local Carroll attorney Jeff Minnich shot a net 62 to win the first day calcutta. Minnich left Brooks National Wednesday afternoon with the lead and left many questioning his ability to hold it together for the high pressured final day. One golfer was heard loud and clear stating " I guarantee you he will not shoot under 105 on Thursday." The high powered trial attorney had his own rebuttal as he fired a net 71 which was good enough for a two shot victory. All the cocky critics were silent as Minnich received his Jug.
Past champion Dave Nelson handed the Jug to Minnich and returned to his high back leather chair in Bud's Pub only to be reduced to watching the ceremonies that had been his for the past two years. As Nelson slurped on his Busch Light he admitted to his drinking partners that the beer sure tasted better in the Jug! Drinking beer out of the Jug had been an annual tradition started by Nelson as he earned the rights the past two years.
After he had finish the contents of his Jug he held it high and thanked all of other fine participants. In post round interviews Minnich said "I have finished close before and finally to break through and win is a great feeling." His thank yous included his swing coach, his trainer and all of the support of his critics. In closing the champ gave the most credit to day one beer cart driver, Annie, as she kept him hydrated during that blistering 62 that set the stage for his championship.
The final results were: Jeff Minnich - 133, Todd Bierl - 135, Mark Tigges - 136, Papa Joe Pick - 137, Bruce Pettitt and Mike Franey - 138, Mike Eckerman, Troy Auen, Pat Malloy, Dave Nelson, Mike Schulz and Terry Ruchti - 143, Craig Mertz and Randy Bierl - 147, Steve Sinnard - 148, Adam Pick - 149, Frank Comito - 150, John Gradoville - 151 and Tim Simplot - 160.
Another true success for this years tourney. On behalf of this tournament director a big thank you goes to Papa Joe Pick for hosting the tournament! Thanks to Brooks National Golf Course Head Pro John Bramblett and all of the staff. Thanks to all who participate this year and we look forward to another great tourney next year. Next year event is only a short 360 days away so mark your calendars for Wednesday, July 13 and Thursday, July 14, 2011 at Brooks National Golf Course for the 4th Annual Papa Joe Okoboji Classic.
Week 13 results....Your Bud Light team took to the tee with league leading Sharp Funeral Home with upset in mind. I love it when a plan comes true! Your Bud Light team beat the leaders 40 to 32. Steve "Hans" Auen was your week 13 MVP with a 12 to 6 win over Craig Elhert. Long time subscriber, top local amateur, highly successful and more veteran golfer Craig Mertz scored a 11 to 7 over Kyle Atkinson. 2009 Golfer of the Year Steve Sinnard fell to a tough Dr. Dave Nystrom and 2008 Bud Light Golfer of the Year Mike Schulz tied Anit-virus Adam Schweers. A great night for your Bud Light team who narrowed the gap from first from 30 to 22.
In other Zach Johnson division action:
- Pizza Ranch stole second back from the La-z-boys with a 42 to 30 beating of Byron's Boyz. Three players scored 12 points for the pizzas; Ver Meer, Brian Badding and Joel Running.
- The La-z-boys continued their winning ways beating Carroll County State Bank 38 to 34 and sit tied for third with the Carroll Cycle Center. Head La-z-boy Louie Prenger and Bud One Jim Auen were the MVP's scoring 11 points in the win.
- The Carroll Cycle Center jump up into a tie for third with a 45 to 27 beating of Elin's 9-irons. Jay Drees the MVP racking up 17 points.
- Hawkeye Commodity Brokers slipped a spot with a small 37 to 35 win over the gunners of Volquartsen Custom.
- The big movers of the night were Stiff Sticks as they robbed the Templeton Savings Bank 52 to 20.
- Long time subscriber, top local amateur, highly successful and more veteran golfer Craig Mertz and Nick Schon were awarded low gross honors. Ralph Guerra was low net and Pizza Ranch was low net team.
Action from the Phil Mickelson division................
- League leading Macke Motors lost to Windstar 37 to 35. Ron "Budda" Badding the MVP with a 13 to 5 win over Men's league Hall of Famer Ken Ebner. Even with the win of the leaders Windstar fell to third place as Subway pounded Larry's Automotive 44 to 26. Subway sits just 4 points back from the motors.
- Chico Kanne's Community Oil topped Linde Equipment 46 to 26 despite low gross honors of Mike "Jewels" Eckerman.
- Miller Lite beat Badding Construction 38 to 34. Fred Dolezal your MVP with a 11 to 7 win over Gary Stark. The lite beers were awarded low net team.
- This year marks the 25th year that Jim Von Ahn has dazzled the 4th of July crowds with his great firework shows at the Carroll Country Club. Thanks Jim for all the enjoyment.
- Thanks to the Farner Bocken Company for moving their Candy Classic Golf Tourney back to the fairways and greens of the Carroll Country Club. Welcome back home.
That is a wrap for this one. Sorry for the late report on the action of week 13 but all of the on course reporters were gone covering the Papa Joe Okoboji Classic.
Have a great week everyone! As always this Bud's for you and ON IOWA!
2008 and 2009 Championship Captain
Wednesday, July 7, 2010
Week 11 in review....Broken Glass.......Bud Light stumbles......Linde Equipment and the La-z-boys win big!
Other exciting action in the Zach Johnson division:
- Sharp Funeral Home put a whooping on the par by scoring 41 points and their lead is 18. Dr Dave Nystrom the MVP along with a strong showing from Craig Elhert.
- The La-z-boys jumped Pizza Ranch and Hawkeye Commodity Brokers to take over the 2nd spot with 41 to 31 beating of Pizza Ranch. Rick Kasperbauer the MVP for the chairs. The Pizzas continue their dropping down the standings.
- Hawkeye Commodity Brokers just got by Stiff Sticks 38 to 34 and are tied for 3rd with Pizza Ranch. Local clothier Wade Wilke is your MVP with a 11 to 7 win over Chip Wittrock. Neal Cross drained the longest putt. Minnesota fishing champion Dave Nelson shot an even par 34 despite a sore fishing shoulder.
- The cycles of Carroll Cycle Center drove past Templeton Savings Bank 40 to 32. Joe Hinners and J.B. Greenwell both scored 12 points in the win. Billy Horbach was a winner for the bankers.
- The gunners of Volquartsen Custom beat Byron's Boyz 39 to 33. Keith Pottebaum continued his winning ways and was award low net honors. He also shared low gross honors with Dandy Don Neary. Great round Mr. Pottebaum.
- Elin's 9-irons hung tough with Templeton Rye but fell 38 to 34. John Nepple the MVP for the whiskeys. Todd Bierl the MVP for Elin's. Bierl is preparing for next weeks Papa Joe Okoboji Classic.
The action in the other division featured a showdown between 1 and 2 as Macke Motors topped Papa Joe's Subway team 38 to 34. Captain Randy Bierl the week 11 MVP with a 14 to 4 win over Spanky Vollstedt. Car wash Todd Pettitt scored 13 points in a win over Steve "Cuda" Quandt. Tom "Duffer" Duff doubled up Hyvee Store Director Joel Flug 12 to 6. Mike Kelly pounded Flying Bob Raue. Subway lost 2nd and now reside in 3rd 13 points out of the lead.
- Subway lost 2nd place due to the fact that Windstar shattered all of the glass of Carroll Glass 47 to 25. Ron "Budda" Badding and Bobby Muhlbauer scored huge 14 to 4 victories over Benet Snyder and Andy Reiman. This published wonders if the new babies are not sleeping at night but what does that have to do with these two fathers. The buses are only 8 points behind the motors and were awarded low net team.
- The carpenters of Badding Construction nailed Larry's Automotive 41 to 31. Glenn Badding the MVP.
- The less filing beers cleaned up the oil spills of Community Oil. Joel Harris and Countertop Pat Malloy big winners for the beers. Great to see Harris back in the win column. Todd Kanne beat Fred Dolezal.
- Linde Equipment combined Kasperbauer Cleaners 46 to 26. A subbing Frank Comito the MVP with a 15 to 3 win over a subbing Nick Fangman. Peter Juergens was low net and brother Aaron had the longest putt.
- Utilicomm beat Commercial Savings Bank 38 to 34. Pat Macke and Darrin Janning the MVP's for the cable layers.
That is wrap for week 11! A happy 6th birthday goes out today to a future Iowa Hawkeye Grant Macke. Have a great week everyone.
Fairways and greens to all!
Tuesday, July 6, 2010
Making the call to either the 11th or 12th tee for your defending champions will be long time subscriber, top local amateur, highly successful and more veteran golfer Craig Mertz, Bud Two Troy Auen, 2008 Golfer of the Year Mike Schulz and your Captain Mike Franey. The opponent tonight will be the bank tellers of Carroll County State Bank who are in 5th place in the Zach Johnson division.
Other match ups in the Zach Johnson division:
- League leading Sharp Funeral home will take on the par tonight.
- Second place Pizza Ranch tries to regroup after a loss to your Bud Light team. The Pizzas take on Bud One and the La-z-boys. Maybe Bud Light team sponsor will help his team out tonight.
- Digger Dave Nelson is coming off a 4th of July turtle racing championship in Longville, Minnesota to take on Frank Comito's Stiff Sticks.
- Carroll Cycle Center takes Templeton Savings Bank
- Volquartsen Custom take on Byron's Boyz
- Templeton Rye takes on Elin's 9-Irons
The Match ups in the Phil Mickelson division......
- League leading Macke Motors takes on Papa Joe's Subway team in a 1st and 2nd match up.
- Carroll Glass takes on the buses of Windstar
- The oil jobbers of Community Oil take on Fred Dolezal and the less filling beers
- Badding Construction takes on Larry's Automotive
- Commercial Savings Bank takes on Utilicomm
- Linde Equipment takes on Kasperbauer Cleaners
Look for all of the coverage tomorrow of Your Bud Light team making their way to the top of the Zach Johnson division.
Fairways and greens to all!