The Quest to Defend Starts tonight!
The Quest to defend a 2008 Carroll Country Club Men’s Supper League Championship officially starts tonight. Mother Nature is even honoring the defending Champions with sunny skies. Representing the Champions tonight will be Steve “Hans” Auen, Steve Sinnard, Long time subscriber, top local amateur, highly successful and more veteran golfer Craig Mertz and 2008 Bud Light MVP Mike Schulz.
Your Bud Light team will come out of the gates tonight focused and determined. In extensive team counseling sessions your Captain has impressed on Your Bud Light Team the difference of starting the year as the defending champions and the nostalgia that surrounds it. During the day team members are at their ordinary jobs but when they walk onto the friendly confines of the Carroll Country Club things change. Everyone wants to be a champion and requests for time of Your Bud Light team members will be closely scrutinize.
Many shots have been taken at the defending champions and it starts as high up as Carroll Country Club General Manager and Head Golf Professional Nate Pettitt who has showed no respect for the champions assigning them team #12 and teeing off holes 17 and 18 to start the 2009 championship. Respect is not given it is earned and the Bud Light Team certainly has earned your respect. Until further notice your subscription to the Bud Light Report is on probation until signs of respect are shown to the CCC’s defending champions. Don’t be offended Mr. Pettitt as Papa Joe Pick has been on probation for the past 4 years. This publisher sees some hope for improvement with you and not so much with the farmer.
Tonight the #12 team of the Zach Johnson division will tee it up against Commercial Savings Bank. CSB’s Captain Ryan Milligan has his team ready to play. Good luck to all in the 2009 season.
Other items of interest:
• Terry Ruchti’s Carroll Cycle Center team is back in the same division with the Champions after a year sabbatical on the darker side. It is good to have you back. A high stakes wager has been initiated by Jay Drees between the teams so look for more details in the upcoming reports.
• After months of crying, foot stomping and threats of quitting Subway’s Captain Papa Joe Pick has succeeded in removing themselves from the same division of your Champions. Nice job Farmer. What confidence it shows to your new off season acquisition Pat “Spanky” Vollstedt. Every Captain has a different approach to motivating his team so the report will watch to see how it pans out for them. Their team looks like the local Subway store on U.S. Highway 30…under construction.
• Todd Bierl has a new team with his sons Colin and Colby along with John Wagner, Scott “Cable Guy” Kanne and Judge Eric Neu. This is a team to watch.
• Good to see the Miller Light team out again this year. They should have no problem fielding a four person team each week as they have 10 members listed on their roster.
• Bud One Jim Auen is back with his La-z-boys team.
That is all that I have for the first edition of the year. I would encourage all report members to make comments this year. It is easy just click comments on the bottom of each week’s post, say a few words and post it either anonymously(please sign your name though) or if you have a gmail account you can log into that. I thank you for your time and look forward to a great season.
A BIG thank you goes out to the IKE AUEN Distributing Company for their continued sponsorship of YOUR BUD LIGHT TEAM!
Fairways and greens to all!
The year to defend!
2008 CCC Supper League Champions.