Your Bud Light team starts the night in 4th place just 7 points behind Pizza Ranch looking to shift the season into second gear and make a run to the top of the Zach Johnson. The week 5 opponent is Judge Eric Neu's Elin's 9-irons. Making the call to the 15th tee for your defending champions will be 2008 Bud Light golfer of the year Mike Schulz. Schulz shot 78 on Saturday in a hurricane to propel himself and your Captain to a gigantic victory over Fred Dolezal and Pat Malloy. Schulz has settled his off course activities, fired counsel Bob Kelly and is ready to make a difference in the championship run. After a well deserved week at Disney World 2009 Bud Light Golfer of the Year Steve Sinnard will return to action. Sinnard was visibly distraught last Tuesday night after word of your Bud Light team's loss to Templeton Savings Bank. Bud Two Troy has answered the call to the tee for week 5 and will be using a sponsor exemption to make the line up. The final spot in the line up will be filled by long time subscriber, top local amateur, highly successful and more veteran golfer Craig Mertz who has been on a tear of late looks to continue his blistering pace.
Steve "Hans" Auen and your Captain Mike Franey will be resting tonight for the back to back champions.
Other Zach Johnson division match ups are:
- Off their big victory against par Byron's Boyz look to top Hawkeye Commodity Brokers. The Brokers are hot as well after their week 4 thumping of Bud One Jim Auen's La-z-boys.
- Frank Comito's Stiff Sticks take on 3rd place Pizza Ranch. The ranchers are on a two week skid after big wins in week 1 and 2.
- The money launderers of Templeton Savings Bank are riding high after their win over your Bud Light team and are poised to take advantage of a beaten up La-Z-boy team. This reporter wonders if Bud One Jim Auen will be in the lineup tonight.
- After a big win over Pizza Ranch Captain Terry Ruchti's Carroll Cycle Center take on one of the hottest teams in the division in Carroll County State Bank. Tomato John Gradoville is still recovering from sore arms due to the excessive number of frozen margaritas that were served at Liz' graduation party on Sunday. The Cycles will have their hands full as the banker team are 3 -1 on the year. This reporter's prediction is that M.C. Country Cafe Head Chef Mark Tigges will be the MVP. Tigges carried Papa Joe's Subway team to victory last week.
- League leading Sharp Funeral Home looks to stay off the rye long enough to take care of business against Templeton Rye. The funeral home team has been without their leader for a few weeks. One has to wonder if Kyle Atkinson will pull his Iowa Hawkeye license plates into the parking lot on week 5.
- The gunners of Volquartsen Customs try to shoot down the par. The gun man are coming off a solid win over the Stiff Sticks.
Lots of big movers last week in the Phil Mickelson division as Macke Motors and Subway led the way. The match ups for week 5 are:
- Chico Kanne's oil spills take on Carroll Glass who are still licking their wounds from their glass shattering week 4. This reported scored some scoop on the oil jobbers.
- Papa Joe's Subway team look to continue their winning ways against Utilicom. I wonder what substitute will save the day for the Soggy Subs this week!
- Linde Equipment take on Miller Lite. The other Lite beers are in reverse and need a win in the worst way.
- Macke Motors have a date with Kasperbauer Cleaners in week 5. The motors were the high scorers last week and look to have their sights set on the top.
- Top seed Windstar looks to change the oil of Larry's Automotive.
- In a battle of long standing Carroll businesses Commercial Savings Bank take on Badding Construction.
Other news worthy items........
- Happy Birthday on Monday to my step son Payton White who turned the big 16!
- A big congratulations to the Carroll High and Carroll Kuemper girls golf teams for qualifying for state on Monday. Way to go girls!
- Congratulations to the Carroll Kuemper boys who qualified for State on Friday.
- The Carroll High Boys lost a close one missing state by just one stroke. Good luck to Carroll High sophomore Brad Christiansen as he made it to state as an individual.
That is all that I have. Good luck to all the teams in week 5.
As always This Bud's For you and On Iowa!
2008 and 2009 Bud Light Championship Captain