Week 4 started with your Bud Light team in 5th place and closes with your Bud Light team in 4th place despite a sputtering high powered offense. Templeton Savings recorded their first win of the season last night beating your Bud Light team 39 to 33. A pitiful performance by your Captain Mike Franey led to a 11 to 7 loss to John Horbach. The ten over par round on the front nine included a ball over the road to Willey and a gunch shot into the pond in front of #2. The news was not much better from the driver's seat of the blue E-Z-Go golf cart that carried your Captain around as Bud Three Hans Auen ballooned to a 48 on the front nine and losing a close one to Windstar's head tour guide Scott Greteman 10 to 8. In the second group Bud Two Troy Auen continued his losing skid with a 10 to 8 loss to John Feld. Your Bud Light's team shining star was long time subscriber, top local amateur, highly successful and more veteran golfer Craig Mertz as he continued his blistering of the Carroll Country Club with a two under 35 and a 10 to 8 win over Eastside Shell's head money counter Tony Pietig. Mertz was honored with his 2nd straight low gross award.
All in all it was a beautiful night on the fairways and greens of the CCC and the future is bright for your Bud Light team. Your Bud Light team plays the three teams above them in consecutive weeks starting with week 10 and ending with week 12. June will prove to be a great month for your Bud Light team as they will also silence the motors of the Carroll Cycle Center on June 8th! 2009 Bud Light MVP Steve Sinnard was captured on a Disney web cam chocking Mickey Mouse and screaming "Can't they win any points without me." Sinnard leads the 2010 Bud Light MVP race over your Captain by .67.
Other news from the Zach Johnson division.
- Sharp Funeral Home extended their lead to 6 over CCSB by beating Elin's 9-iron's 47 to 25. Computer Guy Adam Schweers was the star for the funeral guys with a 14 to 4 beating of Colin Bierl. Schweers also won low net honors.
- CCSB kept pace by beating Templeton Rye 42 to 30 and taking home the low net team honors for the second straight week. Don Neary and Tomato John Gradoville led the team with 13 to 5 wins. Tomato beat Carroll Country Club head golf professional and general manager Nick Schon as Schon continued his Men's league losing streak.
- 3rd place Pizza Ranch took it on the chin losing to the Carroll Cycle Center 40 to 32. The Cycles are on a two week winning streak. Captain Terry Ruchti was the leader with a 12 to 6 win over R.T. Schreck's son in law Scott Schon. Jamming Joe Hinners and Jay Drees were both winner as well. The Cycles were sitting just inside the West doors of the clubhouse wearing their Iowa DOT orange shirts grinning from ear to ear as the good winners that they are. Get rested up for June 8th boys!
- It was like the old shootout at the O.K. Corral as the gun man of Volquartsen Customs ended a two week losing streak executing Frank Comito's Stiff Sticks 42 to 30. No winners for the sticks leaving Captain Comito scratching his head about his team. Westside State Savings Bank's head janitor Matt Lujano and Wyatt Haukap had good nights for the gunners.
- Hawkeye Commodity Brokers beat the La-z-boys 40 to 32. Back to Back Papa Joe Classic Champion Digger Dave Nelson was the MVP for the brokers with a 12 to 6 win over the head La-z-boy Louie Prenger. Bud One Jim Auen was not in the lineup for the boys. According to unidentified report sources Bud One was meeting with officials from the Missouri Valley Conference urging them to accept the Cyclones into their conference. Reserve your tickets now for the September 25th homecoming game at Jack Trice Stadium against Western Illinois.
- Byron's Boyz successfully became the first team in Men's league history to beat the par last night 37 to 35. Thata Boyz!
Now the news from the Phil Mickelson division.
- Congratulations to Subway for a huge win last night. The Subs are moving up the division and now are in 2nd place 7 points behind the buses of Windstar. The Subs beat Carroll Glass 47 to 25. Carroll Cycle Center's Mark Tigges led the Subs with a 13 to 5 win over Tristan Brown. Papa Joe Pick beat Benet Snyder 13 to 6. See Papa there is still life after 60! Steve "Cuda" Quandt and Tom "Duffer" Duff were also winners 11 to 7. The Subs are currently one of the hottest teams in the Phil Mickelson division.
- The other hot team in the division is Macke Motors who improved their performance with twenty gallons of STP Fuel & Oil Additives. The motors clobbered Larry's Automotive 49 to 23 to go from 11th to 6th place. Car Wash Todd Pettitt was the MVP and low gross with a 15 to 3 beating of Larry Olberding. Joel Flug returned to action after surgery with a 13 to 5 win over Dr. P.J. Greteman. Flying Bob Raue and the benched 2008 Bud Light MVP Mike Schulz were also winners for the Motors. It looks like a race to the top for motors and the subs.
- Commercial Savings Bank won again upsetting 1st place Windstar 39 to 33. Chris Knerl led the bankers with a 14 to 4 beat down of the head bus driver himself Jeff Greteman. Papa Joe's oldest Aaron tied Bubba Badding. Bob Muhlbauer was the only winner for the buses beating Circulation man Tom Burns 11 to 7.
- The other beer even won last night 37 to 35 over Kasperbauer Cleaners. GPS Bob Pudenz the MVP for Miller Lite with a 13 to 7 win over Nick Knute. Fred Dolezal beat Ben Mosher 10 to 8.
- The oil jobbers of Community Oil took care of the builders of Badding Construction 42 to 30. Dick Muhlbauer the MVP with a 12 to 6 win over the Badding head bid man and new report subscriber Nick Badding. Todd Kanne confirmed the fact that he is over handicaped by shooting a two over par 36 with a ball out of bounds. He was awarded the low net along with Flying Bob Raue. Can you say Presidential Conspiracy? Dirk Halverson returned to win again for the oil spillers.
That is a wrap for week 4! Have a great week.
As always this Bud's for you and ON IOWA!
2008 and 2009 Men's league championship captain
Here are the schudules for both divisions......