Wednesday, May 18, 2011
Goodbye Miller Lite……welcome Jarad Wolfe……Defending champions clobbered and Schulz week 3 MVP!
In a brokered deal by Captain Mike Franey one of the Carroll Country Club’s most respected teams have accepted a friendly take over from Ike Auen Distributing’s CEO, President and head beer truck driver Bud One Jim Auen to officially change the team name from Miller Lite to Budweiser. Budweiser becomes a sister team to two time men’s supper league champion Bud Light. What a great equity position for Auen Distributing as their new team sits atop of the Zach Johnson division with a one point lead over Olsen Muhlbauer and Windstar. The King of Beers last night beat up on Templeton Rye on the wings of Fred Dolezal and John Greteman. In an official interview last evening Bud One Jim Auen said “it is a great acquisition for our company and I am hoping that the two teams can work together and rise to the top.” It is always great to hear encouraging optimistic words from your sponsor and by the way things are going Auen Distributing will have one team on top and another team on the bottom of the standings.
Your Bud Light team tied Bud One’s La-z-boys last night as Rick Kasperbauer waxed Bud Three Steve “Hans” Auen 13 to 5. Bud Two Troy Auen beat Templeton Savings Bank’s Doc Sporrer despite Sporrer running in a birdie putt from off the green on the 12th hole. Long time subscriber, top local amateur, highly successful and more veteran golfer Craig Mertz beat a scrappy Bud One Jim Auen 10 to 8. Mike Schulz was the week 3 MVP with an 11 to 7 win over Tomato John Gradoville. Tomato John has increased his sponsorship this year and is now a birdie sponsor. The tie leaves your Bud Light team just 12 points out of the cellar in the Zach Johnson division. Your Bud Light team continues to struggle and measures for improvement are being discussed.
In other action:
• Hawkeye Commodity Brokers topped Stiff Sticks with Monument Man Loren Boyce beating Fairway Frank Comito and new member Ken Payer beating Neal Cross.
• Volquartsen Custom performed a beat down on Greteman Chiropractic 45 to 27. Keith Pottebaum the star for the guns.
• Defending champions Macke Motors dropped a cylinder with a 47 to 25 loss to the bankers of Commercial Savings Bank. Ryan Milligan was the star beating Papa Joe Classic champion Jeff Minnich. The father in law Captain Randy Bierl beat son in law Aaron Pick.
• Tony Pietig was low gross, Ryan Milligan was low net, Volquartsen Custom was low net team, P.J. Greteman scored closet to the pin and Keith Pottebaum nailed the longest putt.
In action in the Phil Mickelson division Juergen’s beat the Sharp Funeral Home 42 to 30.
• The head oil jobber Chico Kanne helped his team to an upset win over 1st place Byron’s Boyz 37 to 35. Todd Kanne also a winner. Good to see Dierk Halverson back in action and out of the field.
Papa Joe and the Soggy Subs lost a close one to par. The on course reporter noticed Spanky and Duffer taking it to the Farmer and the Dog.
• The Carroll Cycle Center suffered a flat tire by running over some Carroll Glass in a 40 to 32 loss. Dr. J. B. Greenwell lost to Brad Stork and M.C.’s Country Café’s head chef Mark Tigges lost to Andy Reiman. Stop by M.C.’s and try their 8 egg omelet with hash browns. Eat it all and win a shirt. Tell Mark that I sent you!
Kim's son Collin Hackett was low gross, Todd Bierl, Michael Kasperbauer, Joe Hinners, Terry Ruchti and Glenn Badding all tied for low net, Carroll Glass was low net team and Brad Stork was closet to the pin.
Check out all of the standing here!
Some other housekeeping items……………..
Welcome to Jarad Wolfe our new clubhouse manager. Jarad brings a wealth of experience having worked at Johnny’s Italian Steakhouse for 9 years and Prairie Meadows. Glad to have you Jarad.
Welcome to new member Ken Payer and wife Sara. Ken is the owner of Champion Ford.
For the first time in the history of golf Bud One Jim Auen is carrying a lower handicap than nephew Bud Two Troy Auen. As Nick Auen puts it “Jim sure hits it straight but he just does not hit it very far.”
Congratulations to the Kuemper girl’s golf team for advancing to regionals by winning the class 2A district title. Congratulations to the Carroll High girls as well advancing on to regionals.
Congratulations to head coach Matt Lujano and the Carroll Merchants for winning the American Legion state championship! Great job!
That is a week 3 wrap. Look for more exciting men's league action next week. As always "This Bud's For You" and ON IOWA!