Former New York Mets coach Casey Stengel said it best “ The next sound you will hear is us dropping into the cellar” After week 4 your Bud Light team sits just 2 points out of the bottom spot of the Zach Johnson Division.
Your Bud Light team was embarrassed by league leading Olsen Muhlbauer 40 to 32. Bud Two Troy Auen was the only winner 12 to 6 over Tiger Tom Simons. Jair Mayhall improved during the round to beat Mike Schulz. After the match Schulz filed a formal grievance against Bud Two for on course coaching of Mayhall which enabled him to beat Schulz. Schulz is demanding Auen receive a deduction in the MVP standings. Schulz’s counsel Robert Kelly was unavailable for comment. Official supper league documents show that Schulz shot 44 in his dismal attempt to beat Mayhall. Mayhall nailed closet to the pin after the Auen lesson. Long time subscriber, top local amateur, highly successful and more veteran golfer Craig Mertz was beaten by Ron “Bubba” Badding 13 to 5. It is not how many holes you play in a week but it just comes down to how many holes you can win and Mertz is not winning many holes right now. Another complaint was fielded at Bud Light headquarters this morning which alleged slow play by the Mertz and Steve Sinnard group. Sinnard in his 11 to 7 loss to Jeff Greteman lost two balls and hit another over the railroad tracks. For his efforts Sinnard shot 44. Your Bud Light team will look to get their first win next week against sister team Budweiser in the battle of the beers!
Budweiser was upset by Bud One Jim Auen’s La-z-boys 40 to 32. Season MVP leader John Greteman was schooled by Larry Sporrer. Bud One beat a scrappy Irishman Pat Malloy 11 to 7 even though Malloy won longest putt for the evening. I can only guess the putt was for bogey. Joel Harris and Fred Dolezal were the only winners for King of Beers. Budweiser falls to 3rd 7 points out of the lead.
Defending Champions Macke Motors fell again to Hawkeye Commodity Brokers 34 to 38. Papa Joe Classic Champion Jeff Minnich and Captain Randy Bierl were winners for the Motors. Former Carroll Country Club Champion Tom Farner was beaten soundly by Monument Man Loren Boyce. Wade Wilkie beat Car Wash Todd Pettitt.
In other Zach Johnson division action:
• The gunners of Volquartsen killed Windstar and scored low net team. Nic Volquarsten the MVP beating John Horbach
• Stiff Sticks scored 50 on Templeton Rye. Neal Cross the big winner for the sticks. Mike Nelson was low gross and net.
• Greteman Chiropractic and Commercial Savings Bank battled to a tie
Phil Mickelson Division week 4 action:
• The oil jobbers of Community Oil lost to the Par. Dick Muhlbauer led the team. Chico Kanne took it on the chin. .
• Papa Joe Pick trounced Dr. Dave Nystrom 13 to 5 to lead the Soggy Subs to a 38 to 34 victory over the Sharp Funeral Home. Junkyard Dog Steve “Cuda” Quandt was the only loser for the subs.
• Graddy’s Salsa clipped Juergen’s 44 to 28. Carroll County State Bank head man Jeff Scharfenkamp the big winner for the tomatoes. Big congratulations to Pete and Shelly Juergens on the birth of a bouncing baby boy.
• Pizza Ranch beat Kasperbauer Cleaners 40 to 32.
• The Carroll Cycle Center lost a close one 38 to 34 to Utilicomm. Chad Kanne led the way for the cable guys. Terry Ruchti the only winner for the cycles.
• League leading Byron’s Boyz keep up their winning ways with a 38 to 34 win over Carroll Glass. Scott Monical the MVP for the Boyz.
• Papa Joe Pick, Produce Tom Duff and Wyatt Haukap shared low gross with 36
• Brian Badding and Michael Kasperbauer shared low net with 30
• Schott Schon nailed the longest putt.
For all of the standing through week 4 click here
That is a wrap! Save the Date....Tuesday, May 31st the first ever meeting of same franchise owned teams in Supper league history....Your Bud Light team vs Budweiser! It should be a great night filled with free beer, horses and the Budweiser blimp. It will be the start of the come back for YOUR Bud Light team.
As always This Bud's For you and ON IOWA!
Bud Light Captain Mike Franey