Saturday, April 28, 2012

Happy Birthday CCC.....a retraction demanded.....cancellelation request handled!

Happy Birthday Carroll Country Club!
!Happy 90th Birthday Carroll Country Club! I urge all of you to try the Clubhouse Top Sirloin Steak...It is great!


General manager and my friend Kim "Kimmy" Hackett demanded this week that I print a retraction for the details in this weeks golf report concerning her son Collin. I report the facts that I receive from the Carroll Country Club Pro Shop and I apologize for the incorrect reporting. Uncle Pete did not beat Nephew Collin 15 to 3 like reported as they did not play against each other. Uncle Pete did beat Nephew Collin by three as Uncle Pete shot an even par 37 on front nine. The golf shop just assumed that Uncle Pete Collison would be playing for the Carroll Broadcasting team so they incorrectly placed him on that side of the sheet and that is where it all started. In fact the Kimmy refused the past two years to sponsor Uncle Pete's golf league team only to sponsor son Collin's team this year. This reporter sees this as special treatment towards the general manager's oldest son and against brother Pete. My solution to the problem is letting Collin's team be KKRL as they are the younger breed. Let Uncle brother Pete's team be KIKD as they play better to the sounds of Taylor Swift and have Kimmy's ladies league team be KCIM as they are the golden oldies. You are welcome for the retraction Kimmy! Love Ya!

The golf report has received a request from Commercial Savings Bank's top teller Paul Milligan to unsubscribe from the report because of the mistake in reporting Collin's loss to Uncle Pete. At his request the paper work has been forwarded to Mr. Milligan for his initials on pages one through 522 and his notarized signature on page 523. Thanks for your past support Paul.



From all of us at the golf report we would like to pass along sincere sympathy to the Gary Stark family for the loss of Eunice this week. I had the pleasure of selling the Stark family home for Eunice back in 2001. I know that Gary would agree that his mother and I just hit it off. We enjoyed several good talks during the transaction. Gary and I share the same title of "spoiled only child." which I wouldn't trade for anything. Rest in peace Eunice!





My friend Troy aced the 15th hole a while back playing with Mike "Jewels" Eckerman, Long time subscriber, top local amateur, highly successful and more veteran golfer Craig Mertz and Papa Joe Pick.

I would like to give a shout out to Pete Nelson who is back this weekend from God's country Iowa City Iowa! Always good to see you Peter!

As always this Bud's for you and ON IOWA!

Respectfully submitted,

Mike Franey

No comments: