Friday, September 12, 2008

Schulz Bud Light Golfer of the Year & Go Hawkeyes!


On the eve of the 2008 edition of the Iowa and Iowa State football game I thought that it was appropriate to announce 2007 Carroll Country Club President Mike Schulz as the 2008 Bud Light Golfer of Year! This award is given annually to the member of the Bud Light team who made the largest impact on the overall success of the team. In this years case it was a championship year so I am safe to say that Schulz lead the team to the championship. In an interview after the presentation Schulz said his success this year was simple.......Grab a pack of smokes, a rack of beers and kick ass!

From all of us at the report congratulations to Mike Schulz on this year’s award!
Tomorrow will be a day that splits some of the readers of the Bud Light Report as the official university of your Bud Light report hosts their in state rival from Ames. One of the more vocal Iowa State fans is none other than Subway team Captain Papa Joe Pick. I have made a large wager with Papa Joe that could transfer ownership of his West Okoboji Lake Home to me. I really do not know how to drive a boat so I may be taking applications after this game and how good a Hawkeye flag would look on that dock. Good luck to all of the report's Iowa State fans and even to Papa Joe, my wife and brother John!

In the famous words of our sponsor "This Bud's for you". Go Hawkeyes!

Cast your vote at the bottom of the blog for your winner of this years big game!

Fairways, greens and a Hawkeye victory to all
2008 Championship Captain Franey

3 comments:

MVP said...

It's good to be MVP. I walk down the street and I here people say hay there is the Bud Light MVP, he is so hot. The only problem is my hand gets so tired from signing autographs.

Mike Franey said...

You could get some pre-printed cards with your autograph on to save your hand.

Jennifer @ JenniferDukesLee.com said...

You are quite the Blog Master! Wish I could have voted in the poll before the polls closed. Franey, all the way!

Do you suppose I should check into Soynuts sponsorship of your website here?